Sunday, November 19, 2006

United Wii Stand


Seeing as my luck of getting a PS3 was as close as getting into the gaming industry or getting stuck by lightning (whichever happens first), I decided to chance my luck at a Nintendo Wii. So I go to work to see if I can get on line before the magic number 81. Yes, we had 81 Wiis and some little kid cried out the details online, what a bitch. So I'm like, why not go there and wait in the cold for a half an hour to see these crazy campers. I was 8 away from getting a ticket, ok it's not that bad of a number to lose to. So then I get tipped off that a local Toys R Us has 200 Wiis. And faster than you can say "Turboman" I was there. (And no it wasn't as chaotic as Arnold jumping over the tables or whatever that thing is).

Being number 94 in line was great since I got a ticket for the purchase of a Wii :) So it gets to be like crazy behind me, well the line and the amout of people TRYING to get a ticket by running up the poor woman in charge this morning. Luckily, she told everyone to get back to their spots and stay there. (lol). I get one and we all storm in. Kids grabbing display cases of Zelda and other games gave me quite a chuckle.

I met some great devoted fans of Nintendo/Sony today. Complaining about Sony and all the crap that happened to people who get shot, kidnapped, or trampled upon all for a $600 dollar system (yes, we don't count the $500 one...I mean who bought it?). Talking about Twisted Metal, Tomb Raider and other fun games. (I dunno, but was Mario Galaxies supposed to be a launch date game? Cause that's what the Wii was missing...a Mario game.)

So I grab a Wii system, Zelda Wii package (including Triforce CD case, 2 Zelda skins for the Wiimote, Wii stand (better than the one from the package, 2 corner thingys that go in front of the stand), and Zelda: TP. All I needed was Reggie's signature and that would of made my day...but there is always next time at New York's Nintendo center.

All in all, I enjoyed waiting in line, set up my connection quickly right out of the box, and best of all...Zelda!

No comments: