Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Steam Room

Jeez what is with this week for me? I'm in a writing mood and so I shall continue to write. Lets talk games, lets talk episodic games. Now, I don't really see a reason behind it, why can't the developer just release a full game. I mean, come on, I want the whole game now. Just seeing the "To be continued" screen really makes it less enjoyable. Now, lets say Half-Life 2's episodic material ends which leads up to Half Life 3. What will Valve do? I think they will have to release the full episode in 1 box for a lesser cost (retail about $50 to $60) and get even more money from people who didn't buy it becuase they saw it coming.

Now, I like Valve simply because of all the independant games that the infamous Steam has online. Can we see more indy games get a grand future online for a cheap price? I think we, the indy producers, will have a much easier time to get a game out to the masses via the PS3, X-Box360, and the PC. It will be quite interesting to see what 10 years will have for indy producers down the road.

When Steam came online in 2003, I believe, it was full of lag and the interface was very crappy. 2 versions later, we still have a bit of a lag issue, but now has a lot of things to do within the interface. Counter-Strike: Source is getting to be better despite having crappy hitboxes (AKA Headshot!) and new skins and maps. Seriously, I am eagerly awaiting some new weapons, maybe a rocket launcher because I mean....AWP vs. Rocket Launcher.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like your blog!

I'm glad I found it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Zodiak said...

Well that top one was mine lol.

Anyway, glad you found this blog. If you have a blog, I'll be glad to read it. If not, it's cool. Hope to see you post more! Thanks for showing interest!